What is a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner?
To learn about the Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP) role, please explore our interactive Psychological Professional Career Map.
The purpose of the Psychological Professions Network (PPN) South East Community of Practice is to connect PWPs, at all stages of their careers, across the region to:
- Develop and implement an annual work plan that is consistent with the broader aims of the PPN SE and is signed off by the PPN SE Board
- Provide a forum where members can share their collective knowledge and skills on clinical, professional, and workforce issues that are important to PWPs
- Have a joined up strategic voice for members at the PPN SE Board, where key stakeholders across the region are represented and the work of the PPN SE is steered
- Represent this stakeholder group and contribute to collaboratively shaping the work of the PPN SE and the delivery of NHS psychological healthcare
- Contribute to any consultations that are relevant to the psychological professions and those aspiring to join psychological professions workforce.
This list is not exhaustive, as the network is evolving, developing, and growing.
Who We Are
The Chairs of the PWP Community of Practice are members of the PPN SE Board, and as such provides a strategic link between the PPN and the PWP professional group. See here for further information on the PPN SE Board.
The PPN SE PWP Community of Practice is accountable to the Chairs of the Community of Practice, the Clinical Programme Manager and the PPN SE Board. See here for further information on the PPN SE Team.
The PPN SE PWP Community of Practice committee consists of 8 members of the PWP Profession including PWP Team Leads, Senior PWPs, PWPs and Trainee PWPs.
Simon Winter (PWP Team Lead, Time to Talk, West Sussex)
Lizzie Gray (PWP Team Lead, Health in Mind, East Sussex)
Eligibility for membership of the PPN SE PWP Community of Practice includes all PWPs or Trainee PWPs working in NHS commissioned healthcare across the SE region.
The PPN SE PWP Community of Practice committee meets monthly and aims to provide quarterly events for members.
If you would like to be a member of the PPN SE PWP Community of Practice, would like to receive further information about the PPN SE PWP Subnetwork, or would like to make an expression of interest to join the committee, please contact