The Psychological Professions Network brings together all psychological professionals working in NHS commissioned services and associated higher education institutions, as well as other key stakeholders, in regional multi-professional networks across England.
Within England there are approximately 20,000 qualified psychological professionals working for NHS commissioned services. This includes practitioner psychologists (clinical, counselling, forensic and health), psychological therapists (child and adolescent psychotherapists, counsellors, family and systemic psychotherapists and adult psychotherapists) and psychological practitioners (psychological wellbeing practitioners, children's wellbeing practitioners and education mental health practitioners).
The network offers two types of free membership; psychological professional membership and stakeholder membership.
Psychological professional membership
You can join a regional Psychological Professions Network as a psychological professional if you fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Employed as a qualified practitioner in one of the following 12 psychological professions in NHS commissioned services and/or an institution that provides training in one of these psychological professions for the NHS:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Counselling Psychologist
- Family and Systemic Psychotherapists
- Forensic Psychologist
- Health Psychologist
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Adult Psychotherapist
- Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
- Children's Wellbeing Practitioner
- Education Mental Health Practitioner
- Undertaking an accredited training programmes which, upon completion, will enable them to qualify as one of the 12 psychological professions
- Employed in NHS commissioned healthcare in an Assistant and Associate role under direct supervision from a practitioner of one the 12 psychological professions
- You can join a regional Psychological Professions Network as a stakeholder if you are a leader, manager, commissioner, expert by experience or other clinician with a special interest in psychological practice who work with the NHS but do not meet criteria for psychological professional membership. All are welcome!
If you are interested in joining the network, but you are not sure if it is for you please contact us. We will be very pleased to hear from you.