Read more about the rebranding from IAPT to Talking Therapies (TT) here.
The North West Talking Therapies Leadership & Innovation Forum (previously known as IAPT) was established in February 2014 in order to build on the unique clinical, education and commissioning networks that have developed through the North West TT Collaborative since the launch of the IAPT (now Talking Therapies) Programme 2008.
Led by Talking Therapies (TT) clinical leaders and managers and supported by the North West Psychological Professions Network the Talking Therapies Leadership & Innovation Forum aims to:
- Share knowledge and understanding of the TT model, principles and practice to promote excellence in service provision, commissioning and education.
- Exchange and develop innovation and ideas based on the principles of the TT model
- Provide the opportunity to hear national and regional updates.
- Enable the TT community to understand patient /service needs and inform the development of the workforce to meet this need.
- Support TT and psychological therapies to become part of mainstream mental health, public health, primary and secondary care services.
- Provide a place for CCG Commissioner's GP leads and Clinical and service leads, plus managers to meet with University colleagues and others to enhance psychological therapy services and excellence in clinical practice
What is the Talking Therapies Leadership & Innovation Forum?
The forum is for those involved in clinical leadership, management of services, commissioning or education of the TT workforce in the North West of England and includes:
- Mental Health Commissioners
- Clinical Leads
- Service Leads
- Managers of TT Services
- TT University Programme Leads
- Associate Heads of Education and Commissioning
- Clinical leads and senior therapists from specialist services
Events are held twice a year in a North West venue, details and resources are provided to network members on the events section.
Join the Forum
If you are a network member and would like to join the forum please contact us.